Flea infestation often starts with pets. Determine where resting and sleeping occurs most frequently by any pets. Flea activity "hot spots" can be detected by placing white socks over shoes and walking through the residence into suspected areas. Research has demonstrated that these areas will contain the highest amount of eggs, larvae and pupae even after vacuuming. Hot spots for homes with dogs are usually areas where the pet goes in and out of the house, eats, sleeps and spends time with the family at the base of furniture. For cats, check the tops of refrigerators, cabinets, book cases and higher locations.
Before the Service:
- Vacuum all area rugs, floors, and carpets – Remove vacuum bag put in plastic bag to keep eggs in bag and take to an outside trash can.
- All items must be removed from the floor, including under the beds and closets. Place items on a table.
- Non-furniture items must be picked up from the floor and place on a table.
- Vacuum upholstered furniture, under cushions, and all areas any pet(s) like to rest or sleep.
- Wash or replace all pet bedding.
- Remove all pet food and litter from the floors.
- Place a paper towel in places pet(s) rest or sleep. These are the areas we need to pay close attention to.
- Please have your pet(s) treated professionally the same day as the service.
- All aquariums need to be covered by a heavy wet towel and air pump disconnected. All saltwater tanks have to be removed from the premises. Due to not being able to shut off the air pump.
- People, pets, including birds, reptiles, etc. should be removed from the premises.
- Be sure to shut off your air conditioners before leaving.
- Water lawns.
After the Service:
- Turn on the air conditioning system and leave running to help speed up the drying process and ventilate the home.
- Vacuuming the carpeted areas often will stimulate adult fleas to emerge and come in contact with the treatment take bag to outside trash in plastic bag.
- Prior to the service fleas will emerge for three weeks after the treatment. Continue to vacuum all infested areas daily.