& Pest Inspection Estimate! 800-332-BUGS (2847)
10 Tips for How to Party with Fewer Pests During BBQ Season
Not every pest you encounter at home will require the expert services of a pest professional. There are those lurking in your yard that just want to drop into your next BBQ in the hope they might feast on your food and family.
Every spring and summer insect populations blossom causing frustration for those who want to spend quality time in their yards. Ants, mosquitos, bees, ticks, and flies are among the most common suspects. Ants, yellow jackets, and flies are particularly attracted to BBQ fare. Mosquitoes are most active at dusk: dinner time!
Some of these pests like bees, ticks, and mosquitoes are not only annoying but pose health risks to you, your family, and your guests. Mosquitoes can transmit West Nile virus. Ticks are synonymous with Lyme Disease. Stinging insects send more than one half million people to the emergency room annually, mainly because of allergic reactions. Yellowjackets are particularly troublesome because they can sting a person multiple times. Flies also carry germs that spread as they land on your food.
Ecola would like to share this list of do’s and don’ts in the hope that it will make your outdoor summer experience more enjoyable and keep you safe from harm.
- Keep your lawn cropped close to the ground and mow before you have a party to keep ticks at bay.
- Prune hedges and remove brush where ticks like to lie in wait for anyone who passes by.
- Wear bug spray.
- Keep citronella candles lit.
- Cover food.
- Inspect your grill every time for wasp nests.
- Clean your grill and dining area thoroughly after each use.
- Never leave standing water in your yard. Mosquitos breed in water and even a small jar can become a breeding ground for hundreds of offspring.
- Swatting at bees can only anger them, making them more aggressive.
- Restrict your use of perfume with floral scents.
- Don’t wear bright colors.
Should you find that these pests or others are a greater than normal nuisance or if pests such as ants or rodents have made their way from the BBQ to your house, Ecola stands ready to help you eradicate them. Our family-friendly processes for how to kill ants, how to kill bed bugs, and how to kill roaches are effective and long-lasting. And remember, springtime is when termites swarm, making the summer an ideal time to call us for a free termite inspection. Natural termite control is one of our specialties.
The company’s natural treatments also extend to other household pests and are effective for rodent control and bed bug removal too. If you are wondering how to kill ants, how to kill roaches, and more, call Ecola to speak with a specialist.
Contact ECOLA Termite and Pest Control Services at (800) 332-BUGS (2847),
TermiteLady.com or fill out the attached form.