& Pest Inspection Estimate! 800-332-BUGS (2847)
12 Days of Pest-less: DIY Prevention for a Pest-Free Holiday Season
Many of us consider the holiday season the most wonderful time of the year. Cookies baking in the oven, stockings hanging, and decorations around the tree lift our holiday spirits. Now is not when you want to discover pests trying to squeeze in on your holiday cheer.
Termites And Spiders And Ants, Oh My!
Many of the pests that invade our homes during the holiday season are ones we bring in ourselves. Termites, spiders, and ticks like to hide deep in the branches of holiday trees and wreaths. Firewood is the perfect home for termites and other insects to lay eggs. Spiders, cockroaches and rodents love to build nests in cardboard boxes. And, bedbugs will travel home with you on your clothing and bags.
Give yourself and your family the gift of a pest-less holiday season. Use these 12 Days of DIY tips to make sure all through your house, not a creature is stirring, not even a mouse:
- Store all decorations in tightly sealed plastic bins instead of cardboard boxes.
- Open all decorations outside to make sure you’re not opening up a box of surprises.
- Inspect and shake out your Christmas tree outside before bringing it in to set up.
- Look closely at all stringed lights to make sure the wires haven’t been gnawed upon.
- Store food and baking supplies in plastic containers in your pantry or cabinets.
- Keep all countertops free from crumbs.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet from your home and on a raised platform.
- Seal windows and doors well.
- Inspect areas where pests like to live (such as basements, attics, and crawlspaces) for signs of an infestation like gnaw marks and feces.
- Fix any water leaks and damp areas both inside and outside of your home.
- Don’t leave dirty dishes and pots out overnight.
- Take out the trash regularly and keep outdoor trash bins sealed tightly.
Invited Guests Only
You can make sure the only guests you have over for the holidays are ones you invited. Call Ecola, your eco-friendly pest control specialist, for a free inspection. From eradicating rat problems to handling other pest infestations like termites, silverfish, hornets, and wasps, and more, Ecola can present pest infestation solutions that are effective and family-friendly.
Give your family the gift of peace of mind this holiday season by calling 800 471-BUGS (2847) to schedule your free inspection today.