& Pest Inspection Estimate! 800-332-BUGS (2847)
Get Your Deck Ready for BBQ Season
Is Your Deck Termite Free and Ready for BBQ Season?
One of the best places to relax and get the most out of home living is outside on your deck. Whether having a quiet morning cup of coffee, an end of the day family BBQ, or a weekend get-together, your deck is central to enjoying your home.
Without homeowner diligence, your deck can also become a favorite gathering place for termites treating themselves to an all-you-can-eat buffet.
Termites Love Wood Decks
Your backyard deck is highly susceptible to termite infestations. It’s made of wood and is easily accessible. It also gets wet each time it rains, and termites love damp wood best of all. To protect your deck and home, termite control should be a year-round concern. While termite control requires a pest specialist, there are many things a homeowner can do to discourage termites:
- Keep your deck painted or stained and well-sealed with a finish. The protective seal adds durability to your deck.
- Spray insecticide around the piers of the deck to keep pests away.
- Make sure you have no stagnant water on or around your deck.
- Keep your yard clear of organic materials like leaves, sawdust, and wood chips.
- Always store firewood at least 20 feet away from your home.
- Add cedar mulch or sand to any plant beds surrounding your deck as a deterrent.
- Call a pest control specialist for an annual termite inspection.
Annual Termite Inspection
Let outdoor spring-cleaning become the time when you call a neighborhood professional for a termite inspection. Prevention is the best defense against these tiny terrors. Fortunately, Ecola Services provides a free annual termite inspection. Should you need termite control, there are many family-friendly options for termite eradication and prevention, especially when caught early on when infestations are not as extensive.
Remember, for termites your deck is a convenient entryway into the rest of your home. Call Ecola at 1-800-332-BUGS (2847) to schedule a free termite inspection with your local termite experts servicing Southern and Central California.