& Pest Inspection Estimate! 800-332-BUGS (2847)
Preventing Pests From Pestering Your Holiday
Summer is over. As temperatures drop, most of us want to cozy up indoors with a hot bowl of soup and a heartwarming movie. Well, it’s not so different for pests, so don’t be surprised to see ants, rodents, spiders, and more trying to join you in your cold-weather nesting instincts.
As the season changes, pests start looking for a warm, safe place to take shelter where there is a dependable food source. Keeping this seasonal pest pattern in mind, there are remedies one can employ right now to foil pests. Start in fall to make sure your holiday season is reserved for family only.
DIY Tactics for a Pest-Free Holiday Season
Once pests take up residence indoors, they can survive and reproduce year-round. Here are some pest control tactics to make your home less attractive to pests:
- Trim trees and bushes near your house to reduce the ways pests can travel to your home.
- Clean up any leaves, branches, and debris from around your yard, as this is excellent nesting material for many types of pests.
- Replace worn weather stripping to eliminate windows and doors as entry points
- Seal all cracks and crevices in your foundation
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away
- Eliminate any standing water near your house and repair all leaks
- Keep food in sealed containers and keep counters clean
One Last Must-Do Task
Even if you’ve done all you could, not every pest problem can be solved without calling in a professional. An annual pest inspection will ensure your peace of mind for the upcoming holiday season.
Ecola offers free inspections that will prevent pests from making your home theirs as well. Should your home need pest eradication, your Ecola specialist will outline the solutions available to you, many of which are alternative, family-friendly solutions.
Give your family the gift of a pest-free holiday season this year by calling Ecola at (800) 471-BUGS (2847)
to schedule your free inspection.