& Pest Inspection Estimate! 800-332-BUGS (2847)
Real House Pests of California
Just as in the Real Housewives series, real house pests of California provides the same level of drama. Mice and rats gnawing through electrical wires; cockroaches, ants, and pantry pests munching on favorite snacks; and bedbugs deciding to come live with you from a recent vacation are just a few scenes in this reality series.
Unfortunately, the storyline is that no matter how hard homeowners try to maintain a home free of house pests, those pests always find a way to fly, crawl, and scamper their way inside.
Common House Pests Starring in This Pest Control Series
While the Dogface Butterfly is the official state insect of California, this beautiful creature plays no role in this drama. The following is a list of some of the most common pests invading California homes according to Pest World:
- Ants: Ants are one of the most common pests plaguing homes all over the country, including California. These pests can contaminate food, damage wood, and sting, depending on the species.
- Bedbugs: Bedbug infestations are growing across the nation. Their bites can cause red, itchy welts. They reproduce quickly and are pretty tricky to get rid of.
- Cockroaches: These nocturnal pests pose significant health issues to people and pets. Amazingly, their presence is associated with spreading about 33 kinds of bacteria as well as other pathogens. In addition, cockroach saliva and droppings can aggravate asthma and allergies.
- Rodents: Rodents have become accustomed to living among humans and infest millions of homes annually as they look for a cozy place to raise their young with easy access to food and water. Besides the significant damage they can do in any home, they carry over 35 diseases that can be passed on to people. In addition, because they reproduce quickly, one or two mice or rats can quickly turn into a major infestation.
- Termites: Termites cause more than $5 billion in property damage to homes each year, and their damage is not covered by homeowners insurance. In most cases, a termite infestation is often not discovered until expensive damage has been done.
Partnering With a Pest Control Company
Most pest infestations are difficult to impossible to eradicate using DIY methods. However, without the help of pest control professionals such as Ecola, you never know if you’ve truly rid your home of pests that pose a risk to your health and the value of your home.
Whether you suspect an infestation or want to prevent one, the best place to start is with a free inspection by Ecola. Ecola offers traditional and alternative pest control solutions for the pests listed above and other pests such as fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, and more.
Call 800-471-BUGS (2847) to schedule your free inspection, so you don’t have to experience another episode of Real House Pests of California again.