& Pest Inspection Estimate! 800-332-BUGS (2847)
Kill Pests and Save Money with TAP Insulation
Most homeowners have little idea what’s going on in their attic. While you are cooking family meals and watching your favorite TV shows, a variety of pests could be in your attic building nests, reproducing, and destroying your belongings. Now, there’s an effective way to expel pests and keep them out of your attic. It’s called TAP insulation, and its pest-repelling property is just one of its many benefits.
What Is TAP Insulation?
TAP stands for Thermal Acoustical Pest control. It is loose-fill insulation that is blown into your attic, either replacing old insulation or adding an additional layer to existing insulation. Made with 87 percent recycled paper and laced with a specially formulated borate, this eco-friendly insulation is harmless to those you love but deadly for pests. Borates are naturally-occurring minerals that are found in rocks, soil, and water. Unlike humans and most of our pets, pests don’t have a liver to process and eliminate borates out of their systems. They walk through the insulation, get covered in borates, and ingest the borates when they groom themselves. As the borates build up in their guts, the pests starve.
The Incredible Benefits of TAP Insulation
TAP insulation is not the usual run-of-the-mill insulation, as it provides homeowners with significant benefits:
1. TAP regulates the temperature in your home. It keeps you and your family cozy in winter and cooler in summer. Keeping the temperature more consistent also puts less strain on your HVAC system, prolonging its life.
2. TAP kills pests. Pests such as termites, roaches, ants, spiders, rodents, and more love the dark solitude of your attic. TAP insulation makes the attic an inhospitable environment for pests.
3. TAP is eco-friendly. There are no harsh chemicals to impact the environment and your family.
4. TAP saves money. Because the density of this insulation is greater than traditional insulations, it keeps heat and cold in, reducing energy bills by up to 30 percent. In addition, many local, state, and federal agencies, as well as utility companies, have rebates and incentives.
5. TAP insulation is treated against ignition, protecting your home from a spreading fire.
6. TAP insulation’s density reduces outside noise, keeping your house quieter.
7. TAP is EPA-approved to resist the fungi that cause mold.
Installing TAP Insulation? Call Ecola today at 800 471-BUGS (2847) to learn more about this cost-saving insulation.
Ecola has been a leader in natural, family-friendly pest solutions since its inception in 1983.