& Pest Inspection Estimate! 800-332-BUGS (2847)
Pests That Target Your Bathroom
For many people, a bathroom is a place of refuge, a spa where one can relax and shrug off the day. When nasty bugs interrupt that ‘you’ time, it’s time to take action. Not only is it horrifying to find pests in your bathroom, but the fright could cause you to slip and hurt yourself.
Bathrooms present the perfect climate for pests who love moist, humid conditions. Between your sink, shower, toilet, and tub, there is plenty of water for them to frolic in. Roaches, termites, silverfish, drain flies, mold mites, water bugs, spiders, and centipedes are a few of the more common pests found in bathrooms. In addition, mold caused by this damp and humid environment is a common food source for pests.
Stop Pests From Lurking in Your Bathroom
While you can’t completely stop pests from lurking in your bathroom, there are simple maintenance tasks that can make your bathroom a less attractive home.
- Proper ventilation in the bathroom will help eliminate any lingering moisture from baths and showers. Using a bathroom fan is ideal. If your bathroom has no fan, keep the door open until the bathroom is dry.
- Use an absorbent floor mat to keep water from collecting on the floor.
- Address any leaky pipes or faucets, remembering to check under the sink and around the toilet and tub.
- Seal cracks in tiles no matter how small, and repair window screens.
- Wash shower curtains, liners, and drains regularly.
Getting Help to Remove Pests
Sometimes, no matter how much you try to prevent an intrusion, pests still find their way into your home. They may be originating in your bathroom because of leaks or cracks, or they may be finding their way into your home elsewhere, discovering the bathroom as their most comfortable place to reside.
A plumber can quickly establish if you have any serious leaks that need attention, but to remove the pests, it’s best to call in a pest specialist like Ecola. Ecola offers free pest inspections that can quickly locate pests wherever they reside in your home and eradicate them quickly. No one wants to feel grossed out right after getting clean in the shower. Call Ecola at 800 471-BUGS (2847) to schedule your free pest inspection today.